The importance of marketing right now
1. Marketing is the process of getting people interested in your company's product or service.
2. You have to identify your customers and their needs, and then craft your pitch to speak to their pain points.
Marketing gets the word out about your business. It allows you to connect with potential customers and inform them of all the products/services you offer. It builds brand recognition, it boosts sales, helps you build a client-base, and helps you make your mark on the world.
Without strong marketing it is easy to fade into the background and your business can easily disappear. With it, though, you can engage with clients and make your name known. Marketing increases your business’s overall potential, builds your reputation, increases your reach, and is a tool that must be used in order to ensure your business is the best and most successful it can be.
Never forget, you’re not in the business of making tables or cups of coffee (or whatever it is you do), you’re in the business of marketing or selling tables and cups of coffee because, if no one is buying or consuming your product, you’re wasting time, effort and skill!
What has changed with Covid-19?
Before lockdown period, small to medium businesses could get away with not adapting to digital marketing and could rely on older forms of marketing – or even no marketing. This landscape has since shifted, meaning that small business MUST adopt digital ways of working, and include digital marketing in their efforts.
The COVID-19 lockdown period has highlighted what we can and can’t live without, what substitutes can be made in the interim period and what can be cut out completely post lockdown. Some products and services have also been highlighted as the items the public have missed the most including fast food takeaways, travel and tourism, event planning and many other businesses who can expect an increase in interest and potentially sales post lockdown.
People have been forced to embrace technology because, for some of the time, it’s been the only link with the outside world. At the same time/as a result, online media consumption has dramatically increased – specifically on social media. Your customers, suppliers, business owners, competitors etc are all on social media, and each industry can benefit from the right type of social media channels with the right type of social media content to help drive awareness and sales.
How can social media help you?
Your website is and always has been your silent salesperson. So, if they can’t find your business online, chances are they have found your competitor’s.
Products are now benefiting from more brand awareness in a digital space, with online shops and deliveries still marketing and either making sales or promises of delivery after the lockdown. Most brands have resorted to a massive focus on social media and other digital efforts such as newsletters, coupons and sales to try recover sales during and after lockdown.
What are the benefits of digital marketing?
Small businesses should consider the huge marketplace of prospects online. No small business, no matter how new, should overlook this vast marketplace.
The group of potential customers that are found online is a much larger group of people than you are likely to be able to attract physically or locally. Using digital marketing, you can reach an enormous audience in a way that is both cost-effective and measurable.
Other benefits of online marketing include:
· The ability to interact with your prospects and learn exactly what they are looking for
· The ability to reach a global marketplace (depending on what your product is)
· Saving money and reaching more customers for less money than traditional marketing methods
· Getting to know your audience and allowing them to know you personally which can help to create brand loyalty, and
· Tracking responses to your marketing efforts – immediately.
How can CashFlow Capital help you?
CashFlow Capital is proud to announce an association with Going Social, a digital agency specializing in Social Media Training. They provide small to medium companies with the digital marketing tools to leverage online opportunities and increase their customer base.
The online course addresses social media on three levels:
· Strategy (mind-set) - A ‘how to’ that starts at the very beginning with a social media strategy for your business. It ensures that you understand all the elements and know what you have to put in place to engage with your followers.
· Practicality (tools & tricks) - This takes all the theory, adds practical processes and uses a host of tools, tips and tricks to make your social media programme as easy as possible to implement and manage during your normal working day.
· Growth - Advertising action plan that you can implement immediately to grow your following and generate business.
You (or one of your staff members) would learn the following through completing the course:
1. Understand the elements of a Digital Marketing Strategy.
2. Find out how they work together to support your sales funnel.
3. Receive templates and practical input that will help you get your strategy in place – virtually while you are learning.
4. Understand the importance of engaging with your followers as a way of growing credibility and ultimately generating business.
5. Find ways to grow your business by generating leads and getting prospects to your door.
6. Have a better understanding of the social media platforms.
7. Work out which platforms are relevant to your business.
8. Establish the importance of defining your ideal customer and how to use this information to formulate the most cost effective and efficient marketing campaigns possible.
9. Turn CLICK TRAFFIC into BUSINESS TRAFFIC - no matter what type of business you have!
Through our partnership with Going Social, we are able to offer a subsidy of more than 80% of the value of the course. And, in spite of the drastically reduced price, you'll be getting all value offered to everybody else – if not, more!
You need to use click through to
and use the following coupon to make the most of this great opportunity: CASHFLOW-GOINGSOCIAL
You need to find ways to stay in business and ensure you’re providing a benefit that people can really use whether they’re back at work, still cooped up in their houses or dealing with sickness.
The current situation won't last forever, but how you respond to it will resonate well into the future.